Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beading Babes Project #3 Reveal

Well, I have been looking forward to this reveal for awhile now...I am excited to see everyone's projects, especially all the wonderful color ways everyone has chosen! It has certainly been a great experience working with so many beaders from across the globe...helping each other through some obstacles and deciphering the instructions and finding all the little things that may not have been addressed in the magazine tutorials.

I worked on both projects this month, but in the end, I really didn't like the Runway of Pearls so I took it apart to salvage my embellishment beads. I still have the RAW base of matte black size 11/0 triangle beads...maybe I will do something else with that in the future, but for now it sits in a plastic baggie in my box of samples!

But here are a few photos of my Ravishing Rosettes necklace. This is a design by Smadar Grossman beaded by me. I used 8mm Black Czech Druks, size 8/0 & 11/0 seed beads in Matte Black and Gunmetal, and Black 3mm Czech Fire Polish rounds.




Black is a hard color to photograph and my photos are either too bright or too dark, but the Matte Black beads in there help to show some of the variation in color tones so at least you can see it! I really love this necklace, much more than I thought I would...I may even do a few more in other color ways!

I look forward to the full Beading Babes reveal on the Releases by Rufydoof blog sometime later today....she is in Australia so I have no idea what time it is there or even what day it is...it could already be Monday for all I know! And I hope I am doing this correctly Karyn!


8 comments:

Siggi said...

Absolutly wonderful! Very classic and great job!

Siggi

Tanya said...

Your Ravishing Rosettes is gorgeous. I love the color pattern. As I was working on Runway of Pearls, I was thinking I wouldn't like it very much, but ended up liking the end result. I am working on a bangle using the RAW base from Runway of Pearls and farfalle beads. If all goes well, I will have it up and posted this week sometime.

Tia Dalma said...

Thanks Siggi & Pixiloo!

The RAW base with Farfalle beads sounds great! They really add such a cool texture to beadwork...can't wait to see the bangle you are working on!

Karyn said...

Being a fan of black I love your version of Ravishing Rosettes. I can't wait to see your other colour ways of this piece if you do make more. I love the final result of the piece but have to admit I didn't enjoy stitching it so probably wouldn't be keen to make another which is a pity because it is such a lovely piece.

Thanks so much for taking part and I hope to see you again for Project 4.

I will be posting everyone's pieces on my blog in the next day - I think it's nice to be able to see everyone's pieces in the one spot all together.

Karyn

Therese's Treasures said...

Vimala,
Thanks to Tanya, she sent me the link to your blog. I have been wanting to follow your blog ever since you started following mine but just did not know how to find you. Ok now to the necklace. WOW it is gorgeous! You do black so well I love it. I think this necklace is so much more pretty in the dark colors.
Therese

Tia Dalma said...

Thanks Karen & Therese! I've been trying to fins all the Beading Babes to see who has posted so far but I can't wait to see them all in one place!

Therese, I'm sorry my blog was hard to find...I guess I don't really publicize my the link since I haven't really been blogging very long...but I do love getting new friends over here, so thank you for following!

I pretty much wear all black clothing all the time, so I usually tend to make more colorful beadwork, especially when it's for me!

But some pieces just have to be done in black, and this one really looks stunning in person!

Amy S. said...

Wow Vimala - I LOVE your Ravishing Rosettes! The color scheme is awesome. I agree about photographing black - but you did a great job with that as well! Great work!!

Unknown said...

You rocked these girl!!! I love your black palette. Your stitching is spectacular! I don't like trying to take pictures of black or silver either.